The Triumph Moto2™ 765cc TRIPLE ENGINE
Developed from Triumph’s class-leading 765cc Street Triple RS powerplant, there are a number of race modifications that have been made to the Moto2™ engine to directly enhance performance, including:
- Modified cylinder head with revised inlet and exhaust ports for optimized fuel flow
- Higher compression ratio
- Titanium valves and stiffer valve springs for increased rpms
- Low output race alternator kit for reduced inertia
- Revised 1st and 2nd gear ratios
- Race developed slipper clutch (which is tuneable)
- Specific race ECU, developed with Magneti Marelli
- Revised engine covers for reduced width
- Different sump for improved header run
- High performance coatings to key internal components.
Already renowned as one of the great sounds in motorcycling, Triumph’s 2019 765cc Moto2™ Triple engine is the result of a two-year engineering development program, with race-tuned modifications that deliver over 138 horsepower and provide greater Moto2™ performance levels than ever before... as well as this hair-raising soundtrack!
If you were fortunate enough to attend one of the major European motorcycle shows in 2017 or 2018, then you may have already witnessed the incredible, hair-raising sound of the 2017 prototype.
Get regular updates about Triumph Motorcycles activities – including Moto2™ developments – by following any of our social media channels.