The Thunderbird Commander is a cruiser motorbike with superior handling and performance with its classic Triumph parallel twin. Totally cruiser-orientated, the Thunderbird Commander was built with comfort longevity in mind, with sweeping lines, low seat, high bars, a relaxed seat position and plenty of floor board space as well as luggage space.
The Triumph Thunderbird Commander has been in production since 2014 with updates occurring until 2016, most noticeably the introduction of a jet black colour-way in 2015.
The Thunderbird Commander shares the same underlying chassis and powerful 1699cc parallel twin engine as the Thunderbird LT. But what sets them apart is the essential power-cruiser style and broad, dynamic riding stance of the Thunderbird Commander that sets out to dominate the road. The Thunderbird family is massively torquey, with the Commander and LT holding the world’s largest parallel twin engine which certainly packs a punch. The Thunderbird Commander lives up to its name when it comes to riding position, wide handlebars with forward-facing footboards sit you at a tough yet laid-back position ready for control.
The key benefits of buying your Triumph Thunderbird Commander from one of our dealerships are:
- Used Bike Stock: Our dealers have a large stock of pre-owned, used bikes to choose from and will often have the model you’re looking for in stock.
- Buy with Confidence: The bikes for sale in our dealerships will have a known history, rest assured we have ticked every box and conducted every test necessary.
- Finance: Our dealers can help you choose the best payment plan for your purchase and budget meaning that owning your dream bike is never out of reach.
- Part Exchange: We run a part-exchange system which can save you the hassle of selling your bike privately.
- Servicing: When it comes to looking after your Triumph motorcycle, keep it genuine and let a technician who has undergone extensive training from our factory based trainers keep it in the best condition.
Triumph Thunderbird Commander Reviews Recommendations
The Thunderbird Commander not only looks great, but performs well too. The iconic parallel twin Triumph engine seamlessly fits into a more front-central position offering a great centre of gravity. As TotalMotorcycle says,
“A strong, willing engine, refined chassis, powerful looks and broad riding position give our new Thunderbird Commander the power and presence to dominate any road” -2016
Power and presence are certainly factors when the Thunderbird Commander rides, packing a punch in performance, agility, versatility and appearance. TopSpeed agrees,
“The Commander easily impresses riders and onlookers with its classic cruiser style, premium feel and the world’s largest capacity parallel twin engine. And being a Triumph, it’s a cruiser that also gives you day-long comfort, practicality, character and, on top of all that, superb handling. There’s no compromise here.” – 2014.
Cruiser-orientated, the Thunderbird Commander was definitely built with comfort in mind; the seat is plusher than ever, with extra, ergonomic honing which doesn’t go unnoticed. Even more, the relaxed seating position with plenty of space for feet, legs and luggage – the Commander is quite the bike.
Looking for a great pre-owned motorcycle deal? Visit our "Triumph Approved" website.
*Triumph Approved Warranty is administered by Triumph Warranty Services, a trading name of Car Care Plan Limited, Jubilee House, 5 Mid Point Business Park, Thornbury, West Yorkshire, BD3 7AG. Registered in England & Wales No 850195. Car Care Plan Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.