Triumph America Motorcycle 2002-2016
The America is engineered around a distinctive, air-cooled parallel-twin engine so you get a truly authentic ride; one that connects you to Triumph’s long and rich cruiser heritage. Retro inspired, with classic appeal and seamlessly blended signature Triumph engineering. The adept cruiser stands tall amongst the Cruiser market, overwhelming American alternatives with typically British irony – a bike so big and grand with such style and authenticity; the perfect embodiment of America brawn with British durability and reliability.
The Triumph America was in production 2002-2016 with key updates occurring throughout the period:
- 2007 – new 865cc engine allowing more torque. Also, a revised pillion seat allowing for greater 2-up cruising.
- 2010 – Fitted with the new Bonneville engine; fuel injected 865cc, DOHC, parallel twin, 270 degree firing interval.
The Triumph America is the heart and soul of British engineering combined with a splash of stateside style to create a distinguished cruiser. The America is engineered around a unique engine so you get a truly authentic ride. By riding a Triumph America you are connected to a rich heritage of engineering and cruising history with a distinctive British flavour.
The Triumph cruiser family blends reliability and practicality to create stylish, exhilarating, fuel efficient bikes that you’ll want to go the distance on.
The key benefits of buying your Triumph America from one of our dealerships are:
- Used Bike Stock: Our dealers have a large stock of pre-owned, used bikes to choose from and will often have the model you’re looking for in stock.
- Buy with Confidence: The bikes for sale in our dealerships will have a known history, rest assured we have ticked every box.
- Finance: Our dealers can help you choose the best payment plan for your purchase and budget meaning that owning your dream bike is never out of reach.
- Part Exchange: We run a part exchange system which can save you the hassle of selling your bike privately.
- Servicing: When it comes to looking after your Triumph motorcycle, keep it genuine and let a technician who has undergone extensive training from our factory based trainers keep it in the best condition.
Triumph America Motorcycle Reviews & Recommendations
The focal combination between American muscle and British flare is what distinguishes the Triumph America as a Cruiser beyond the rest over the years. For more than a decade, critics have applauded British engineering that seamlessly combines all of the great Cruiser features.
“Filled with muscle and attitude, the Triumph America has its own way towards the never ending highways in the U.S. and so it manages to bring that unique British feel on the bad boy’s roads.” – TopSpeed, 2007.
The 2012 model of the Triumph America was commended for its effortless comfort,
“An intuitive ride, with ergonomics that place the rider in an all-day comfortable, slightly laidback seating position. The handlebars sweep back so that your hands fall naturally to the grips for effortless steering. Footpegs are modestly forward, with shift and brake levers well placed under the toes for easy access with minor foot movement.” – TopSpeed, 2012
Any good cruiser needs a good rider triangle (the relationship between the bars, seat and footrests) for comfort on long journeys; the Triumph America’s low seat and wide bars provide great comfort for big miles, “it’s easy to just sit back and enjoy the ride on the America” (MotorcycleUSA, 2011).
Looking for a great pre-owned motorcycle deal? Visit our Triumph Approved website.
*Triumph Approved Warranty is administered by Triumph Warranty Services, a trading name of Car Care Plan Limited, Jubilee House, 5 Mid Point Business Park, Thornbury, West Yorkshire, BD3 7AG. Registered in England & Wales No 850195. Car Care Plan Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.